I believe that we all owe it to our world to give back in whatever ways work for us. I’m listing the places I help out below not just to show that I put my money (and time) where my mouth is, but also, the links here are good for those organizations’ websites’ rankings too:
- Peninsula K-8 public school, where my son attended K thru grade 3 – I’ve organized sponsorship of their basketball teams, printing of their visitors’ badges, and personally sponsored a set of printed banners.
- SEMpdx, a Portland-area not-for-profit that puts on monthly educational events and the annual SearchFest conference – I’m on the board of directors there.
- I sponsor 4 children (Liliane, Mediane, Herve, and Shamina) in Rwanda through my friend Vicky Trabosh‘s Itafari charity organization.
- I was an Ambassador Board member for the Children’s Cancer Association from 2009-2013.
- I was on the Youth Exchange Committee, and a host family counselor, with the downtown Portland Rotary Club for about 12 years.
- In January 2016, I joined the Rotary Club of Greater Bend.
- I’ve done apheresis (platelets donation) a few dozen times with the Red Cross, as well as donating something like 70 pints of whole blood over the years.