- Peninsula K-8 public school, where my son attended K thru grade 3 – Michael has organized sponsorship of their basketball teams, printing of their visitors’ badges, and personally sponsored a set of printed banners.
- SEMpdx, a Portland-area not-for-profit that puts on monthly educational events and the annual SearchFest conference – Michael was on the board of directors there for a number of years, before moving to Bend.
- Michael sponsored 4 children (Liliane, Mediane, Herve, and Shaminah) in Rwanda through my friend Vicky Trabosh‘s Itafari charity organization, since 2009. All four of them are now in college!
- Michael was an Ambassador Board member for the Children’s Cancer Association from 2009-2013.
- Michael was on the Youth Exchange Committee, and a host family counselor, with the downtown Portland Rotary Club for about 12 years.
- In January 2016, Michael joined the Rotary Club of Greater Bend.
- Michael has done apheresis (platelets donation) a few dozen times with the Red Cross, as well as donating something like 70 pints of whole blood over the years.
- Derek has volunteered for Habitat for Humanity and participated in building churches abroad and in the United States.
We believe that we all owe it to our world to give back in whatever ways work for us. Below, we’ve listed the places we help out below not just to show that we put our money (and time) where my mouth is, but also, the links here are good for those organizations’ websites’ rankings too: