Articles on various search industry sites:
Moz Main Blog Posts
AboutUs.org Classic SEO Mistakes Series
- Nice mention in Ann Smarty’s list of YouTube tools, talking about my YouTube fast embed code generator
- Press release in conjunction with SEO.co, regarding one of our mutual clients, drvn.
- At Newswire.net, an article I wrote on SEO mistakes commonly made on e-commerce websites.
- I wrote this article for Sometimes-Interesting on why local businesses need to blog, and how to incorporate that with their social media process.
- Some quotes from me in an article about SEO-friendly websites at JetOctopus.
- A podcast on the Stan Ventures blog – a Q&A with me talking about negative SEO, what patterns we’re seeing, neg SEO vs. hackers/scrapers, why many backlinks tools cannot see the negative SEO, etc.
- At the BrainVire blog, an interview with me on SEO top tips for startups, trends, predictions for 2020, and more.
- This interview with Steve Wetmore, on BuySellShoutouts.com, on negative SEO and E-A-T (expertise, authority, and trust).
- Snippets from the Steve Wetmore interview with me (above) appeared also on Yahoo, and MarketWatch.
- Based on a flurry of recent negative SEO attacks on my clients (and this site, too!), I wrote this article for Raven Tools on the anatomy of a negative SEO attack.
- Part of a panel of experts chiming in on local search optimization tips for 2018 in this article.
- Contributed to this article at Delta Growth on advice for people getting into the SEO industry.
- Part of a panel of SEO experts offering top tips for SEO for sites using Shopify at AcquireConvert.
- Small contribution to this giant list of SEO expert opinions on how to rank better with Google.
- I was one of a large group of SEO experts interviewed for this article on SEO trends for 2017.
- My interview on Remoters.net, about my experiences and advice regarding being a full-time remote worker.
- Happy to be included in this list of 35 experts with their top 3 SEO tips for 2017.
- Just in time for Hallowe’en, I created this post for 3Q Digital on Zombie Google bugs that just won’t die.
- Flattered to be included in this list of top 25 white-hat SEOs at Blogtrepreneur.
- A panel of 39 SEO experts, including me, share our predictions on SEO for 2017 and beyond in this article on Alameda Internet Marketing’s site.
- My post on SEMpdx’s blog about designing websites with Panda, Phantom, RankBrain etc. in mind.
- I was a contributor to David Mihm’s 2015 Local Search Ranking Factors survey at Moz.
- On the Team Project Mayhem site, a post about ways to beat bloggers’ writer’s block.
- A few quick quotes from me on the future of SEO at RankWatch.
- I was a contributor to the 2015 Moz Search Ranking Factors study.
- Negative SEO case study of an attack on InstallAware, posted to the SEMpdx blog.
- Top 10 Giant Site Audit Fails on the SEMpdx blog.
- Taking Google to task on things like page speed, mobile friendliness, UX, duplicate content: a mini site audit for Google on 3Q Digital’s blog.
- I shared my frustration (and some clever guy’s how-to video) on a worthless bit of owner’s manual “info” for the Suzuki GSX-R750 I used to own in this blog post at The Motor Bookstore.
- At Polish internet marketing website Rynek Domen, a Q&A session with me on the state of SEO today.
- At Act-On Marketing, quoted in an article on 2014 SEO predictions.
- My prediction from that article was re-quoted in this post from Vermont Design Works.
- On the 3Q Digital blog, an article on how to diagnose big traffic drops for your website (Penguin vs. Panda vs. other causes).
- For That Travel Lady’s blog, this fun blog post on the best places to get married underwater.
- At Bridezilla: article on top ten honeymoon spots around the world.
- At Outspoken Media: clients asking their SEO company the wrong questions.
- At Flippa.com: buying websites instead of links as an SEO strategy
- At Go World Travel Guide: top destinations for every scuba diver’s bucket list
- At PleasureTripping.com: 5 creative honeymoon ideas
- At Travel Experta, this article on traveling to Tahiti and French Polynesia with kids.
- At Visual Itineraries: overwater bungalows guide, top honeymoon destinations, best all inclusive hotels in Jamaica, when to visit Fiji, when to visit Tahiti, when to go to New Zealand, when to go to Australia, when to go to the Maldives, and when to go to the Seychelles. Most recently, we created a guide to getting married in Tahiti.
- At ExpertBeacon.com, an article on the dos and don’ts of planning an extended scuba diving vacation, and an article on planning a destination wedding.
- At Motorcycle.com, articles on the MV Agusta F4 Strada and the Ducati 748.
- At DailyCaring.com, I contributed to an article on how to set up video calling with seniors in care homes.
- At the Raven Tools blog, an article on the anatomy of a search-optimized photo gallery.
- On the PPC Associates blog, an article on the top 13 keyword research mistakes.
- One of my photos was included in this 50 States in 50 Photos piece at Canvas Factory.
- SEO mistakes even experienced web designers make
- Shared page titles – classic SEO mistake
- Twin home pages – classic SEO mistake
- Multiple subdomains – classic SEO mistake
- Link juice – save every drop
- Flashy websites can be too hot for bots
- Don’t block the crawlers
Michael Cottam - Freelance technical SEO consultant - 20915 Royal Oak Circle, Bend, OR 97701
© 2024 OzTech, Inc. All rights reserved.