If you want your business to be found by new customers on the Internet, you need to get serious about optimizing your website for the search engines--especially Google.
Ranking well in Google's search results can bring a huge amount of new business. You can learn how to do this yourself--I did, over a period of 8 years, for the honeymoon registry and travel company I co-founded, and for 5 years since then, doing SEO consulting--or you can hire someone like me to do it for you.
Search engine optimization today involves many skills and techniques, from link-building to on-page optimization to click-through and conversion testing...and Google, Yahoo! and Bing are changing the rules all the time. What worked great a year ago might not work so well today--in fact, it might even get you penalized by the search engines. And even if your site isn't penalized today, a thorough understanding of both the Penguin and Panda algorithms is critical as you build content and implement your social media and link-building projects.
Current knowledge of search engines and SEO tools, plus a strong understanding of business, customers, and conversion to sales are key to growing your business and making your SEO investment pay.
I help my clients with the following:
- site architecture
- keyword research and competitive analysis
- SEO best practices & site audits
- on-page tuning for maximum benefits from Panda
- link analysis and reconsideration requests for Penguin and manual penalties
- local search optimization
- white-hat link-building strategies
- pagination and duplicate content issues
- rel=canonical configuration
- rich content strategies, including search-optimized photo galleries, Google Maps API, embedded video, etc.
- Google+ authorship (rel=author, rel=publisher)
- page speed analysis and recommendations
- WordPress SEO plugin configuration
- semantic markup via schema.org
You'll find me on the SEOmoz list of recommended companies
, authoring a number of articles on SEO
at AboutUs.org, and on the GetListed.org Local SEO recommended list
I'm an Associate at SEOmoz
, writing articles for their main blog, and answering questions from the SEOmoz PRO members in their Q&A section. In August 2010, I joined the board of SEMpdx
, Portland's search marketing organization, which puts on monthly search marketing educational events as well as the annual SearchFest conference